Welcome to the Virginia Tech Richmond Center
The Virginia Tech Richmond Center offers an array of educational services to meet the needs of working professionals in the capital region of the Commonwealth. Conveniently located in the West End of Richmond, we offer:
- Professional Development in the form of a variety of workshops and customized certificate programs to serve the needs of the organizations in the private sector as well as those of our state and local governments.
- Graduate Programs in Public Administration and Policy, Business Administration, Education, Engineering, Information Technology, Instructional Technology and Career and Technical Education and Licensure
- Conference Planning and Management Services
- Exam Proctoring
- Join us for a no cost Lunch & Learn event entitled Succession Planning: What's Next on Wednesday, October 18, 2017 from 12-1pm. From resignations to retirements, businesses and corporations must be deliberate about succession planning. Change happens fast. The first decade out of college, Generation X changed jobs an average of two times. Millennials change jobs an average of four times, and today's graduates do not stop there, they even change industries. In this Lunch & Learn, participants will engage in learning strategies that can be implemented to create an organization that can withstand employee change and remain strong. Please bring your lunch to enjoy during the presentation. Dessert is provided by us. The event is free but seating is limited so please RSVP to Lisa Roland at email@example.com by Friday, October 13, 2017.
- Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services conference opportunity in Roanoke, VA: Opioid Addiction: Prevention, Treatment and Aftercare for Young Adults on November 6, 2017 for professionals working with youth and young adults with substance use disorders. For more information and to register please click here.
- Women in Entrepreneurship Second Annual Conference: A World of Opportunity has been scheduled for Thursday, April 26, 2018. With financial support from Virginia Tech Outreach and International Affairs, and sponsored the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center and the Virginia Tech Hampton Roads Center, Newport News this one-day inspiring and empowering conference will connect like-minded women entrepreneurs or aspiring women entrepreneurs to build business momentum and expand networks. Key local and national women innovators and Virginia Tech Faculty will present a myriad of concurrent conference sessions. Session topics may include emotional intelligence for women (building resilience), owning your accomplishments, alliance building near and far, articulating a new global purpose, ideation, and many more. In addition, there will be a keynote speaker, an incredible panel, and opportunities for table talks on relevant issues during lunch. Our book talk was such a success last year that the Women’s Center at Virginia Tech has graciously agreed to sponsor that portion of our conference again. Participants will receive a copy of our featured book for the global book talk, continental breakfast, lunch, and afternoon break snack. Light networking session will follow the close of the conference.
If you have questions or would like registration information when it becomes available, please contact Lynda King (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 757.594.7433.
2810 N Parham Rd, Suite 300
Henrico, VA 23294
Richmond Center News
- October 18, 2017, 12-1pm: Succession Planning Lunch & Learn. Free event. RSVP to Lisa Roland by October 13, 2017.
- New programs are available: Advanced Current Topics and Trends for Engineers, Best Practices in Supply Chain Management and Diversity Training; Moving from Tolerance to Inclusion. Please contact Lesa Hanlin for more information about these new programs!
- January 18, 2018, 12-1pm: The Forest or the Trees Lunch & Learn. Free event. RSVP to Lisa Roland by January 15, 2018