Welcome to the Virginia Tech Richmond Center
The Virginia Tech Richmond Center offers an array of educational services to meet the needs of working professionals in the capital region of the Commonwealth. Conveniently located in the West End of Richmond, we offer:
- Professional Development in the form of a variety of workshops and customized certificate programs to serve the needs of the organizations in the private sector as well as those of our state and local governments.
- Graduate Programs in Public Administration and Policy, Business Administration, Education, Engineering, Information Technology, Instructional Technology and Career and Technical Education and Licensure
- Conference Planning and Management Services
- Exam Proctoring
- February 6, 2018 - Noon to 1pm. Virginia Tech introduces Leadership Circles for Women Entrepreneurs. Inspired by our annual Women in Entrepreneurship Conference, these Leadership Circles will meet quarterly on a variety of topics, bringing diverse leaders together as a professional learning community. Join us for our Leadership Circle because, whether you are a business owner, manager, director or executive or you simply have an entrepreneurial spirit, this group is for you. Cost $20 (Includes lunch). Location Virginia Tech Richmond Center. Register today by contacting Lisa Roland at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804.662.7288. Registration deadline February 2, 2018.
- Project Management Certification Course: Prepare for the PMP Certification Exam. Learn the core competencies of project management in order to sit for the Project Management Institute PMP certification exam. Classes will be held at the Virgina Tech Roanoke Center and broadcast to Abingdon, Newport News, Richmond, and Virginia Beach. Tuition includes 35 hours of instruction, textbooks, course materials, CEUs and access to the online test practice engine. February 6 - May 1, 2018 from 5:30 - 9:00pm. Cost $1595. Go to www.cpe.vt.edu/pmcentral/ to register.
- Women in Entrepreneurship Second Annual Conference: A World of Opportunity has been scheduled for Thursday, April 26, 2018. With financial support from Virginia Tech Outreach and International Affairs, and sponsored the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center and the Virginia Tech Hampton Roads Center, Newport News this one-day inspiring and empowering conference will connect like-minded women entrepreneurs or aspiring women entrepreneurs to build business momentum and expand networks. Key local and national women innovators and Virginia Tech Faculty will present a myriad of concurrent conference sessions. Session topics may include emotional intelligence for women (building resilience), owning your accomplishments, alliance building near and far, articulating a new global purpose, ideation, and many more. In addition, there will be a keynote speaker, an incredible panel, and opportunities for table talks on relevant issues during lunch. Our book talk was such a success last year that the Women’s Center at Virginia Tech has graciously agreed to sponsor that portion of our conference again. Participants will receive a copy of our featured book for the global book talk, continental breakfast, lunch, and afternoon break snack. Light networking session will follow the close of the conference.
If you have questions or would like registration information when it becomes available, please contact Lynda King (email@example.com) or call 757.594.7433.
2810 N Parham Rd, Suite 300
Henrico, VA 23294
Richmond Center News
- New programs are available: Advanced Current Topics and Trends for Engineers, Best Practices in Supply Chain Management and Diversity Training; Moving from Tolerance to Inclusion. Please contact Lesa Hanlin for more information about these new programs!
- January 18, 2018, 12-1pm: The Forest or the Trees Lunch & Learn. Free event. RSVP to Lisa Roland by January 15, 2018
- February 6, 2018, 12-1pm: Leadership Circles for Women Entrpreneurs. $20 includes lunch. Register with Lisa Roland by February 2, 2018.
- Project Management Certification Course: Prepare for PMP Certification Exam. Tuesdays, February 6 - May 1, 2018 from 5:30-9:30pm. Cost $1595. Register here.